Sunday, October 5, 2014

Cabbage and Turkey Stir Fry



Well I was gone last weekend celebrating my son's birthday, enjoying time with my sweet momma, and having family pictures done; so I skipped a post on you guys. Sorry about that.

My momma and I enjoying the deck off the cabin


Here are some sneak peeks from the photographer and one shot far away on a cell phone from off camera:

Sneak peek off the back of {forever} Grace's camera 

Caught by my momma off camera

My sis-in-law and I have been upping our mileage for our upcoming half marathons so we ran in the mountains; the scenery was stunning. I am still getting in 5 days of lifting too- most important thing!

Sis-in-law and I on our run up the mountain


This recipe will make up for my skip week, I hope! My momma made a similar version growing up, so this makes me think of her when I make it.  It is super simple, and tasty. I always forget just how tasty it is honestly. Something about cabbage does not sound mouth watering. But this dish is.



Cabbage and Turkey Stir Fry


Serves 2 very generous portions

The Stuff


  • 0.5 lbs extra lean ground turkey
  • 1/2 head cabbage, shredded
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1/2 red onion, diced
  • 1 tbsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp garlic powder (or 2 cloves)
  • 1 tsp salt and pepper, each


What you do

Saute up turkey in a big wok until browned, transfer to a holding plate. Add remaining ingredient and saaute for 5-8 minutes until cabbage is just turning translucent. Add turkey back into wok until heated through and mixed in. Enjoy!

Nutritional Stats

Per serving

No comments:

Post a Comment