Sunday, October 19, 2014

Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup

My sister-in-law/running partner has been making this soup for our family dinner nights for a few years now. The whole family loves it and I enjoy making it at home for my family as well. It is SO easy! And the macros are pretty sweet too. So I realized when I was telling a co-worker about it the other day that I have never shared it here.



Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup


Serves 8

The Stuff:


  • 2 lbs of chicken breasts, fresh or frozen (approx 3-4 frozen breasts)
  • 1 can corn, drained
  • 1 can enchilada sauce, I prefer mild
  • 1 can Rotel (tomatoes with green chilis)
  • 1 can black beans, drained
  • 1 tbsp taco seasoning, optional
  • optional toppings: sliced avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla strips, lime

What you do:

In a large crockpot, place the chicken breasts. Then pour the corn, enchilada sauce, rotel, and black beans on top, along with the taco seasoning, if desired. Cook on low for approx 8 hours, break apart chicken before serving. Top as desired (I like all the things!)








Nutrition Stats

(per 1/8th serving without toppings)


Cals: 226
Carbs: 19 g
Fat: 4 g
Protein: 26 g

No comments:

Post a Comment