Sunday, November 23, 2014

Healthy Hibachi Stir Fried Rice and Vegetables


My family loves to go to our local Hibachi restaurant. But there is always a wait. And it costs a small fortune. Their kids meal prices are equal other local restaurant adult entree prices! Yikes! Not to mention that I can easily put away my whole day's worth of calories in one sitting.

So a few weeks ago, I decided to remake the fried rice at home and balance the meal with a large vegetable stir fry. It was a hit!!! I have since made it at least weekly.

I have to admit, I love it too. It is easy to make, only takes a few ingredients that I have on hand, and is quick. My kind of meal.


All the stuff!

Healthy Hibachi Stir Fry

Serves 6

Stir Fried Rice


  • 2 cups of rice of choice, cooked and cooled (I used white Minute rice, not ideal but what I have on hand)
  • 1 cup green peas, corn, and carrots (I buy the frozen bag)
  • 16 oz meat of choice (I used shrimp, cubed chicken breast is good too!)
  • 6 tbsp soy sauce, divided
  • 3 tbsp butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 lemon
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil

Vegetable Stir Fry

  • 4 cups frozen stir fry vegetables
  • 2 tbsp sauce from packet of sauce that comes in the bag of vegetables
  • optional, 16 oz meat of choice (I used cubed chicken breast, shrimp is good too!)

In a large wok, heat sesame oil and butter over high heat until butter melts. Add meat of choice, then juice lemon over the top. Then add 3 tbsp soy sauce. Stir fry until meat is cooked all the way through. Pull the meat out and put to the side, leaving the juice. Add rice and remaining soy sauce over the top. Once the rice absorbs the liquid, push to the side and scramble the eggs. Incorporate them into the rice. Add in the pea mix. Brown in chunks, turning over carefully every few minutes until to desired level of crispiness. Add in the meat.


In other wok over high heat, brown the veggies according to the bag, Add the sauce near the end of the cooking time and the cooked meat, if desired, from above. Serve and enjoy!

Though it is not nutritionally ideal (or the perfect stir fry rice texture) this stuff is ready in the microwave in 10 minutes. I just start it before I leave for work so I can finish my stir fry when I get home!







Nutrition Stats

Hibachi Stir Fried Rice with Shrimp (1/6th recipe)


12 weight watchers plus points
6 weight waters points

Hibachi Stir Fried Vegetables with Chicken (1/6th recipe)


3 weight watchers points plus
3 weight watchers points


No comments:

Post a Comment