Friday, December 12, 2014

Is there room for lifting when you are training for a half marathon?



This past weekend, I met up in Memphis with Coach Jenny to run the St. Jude Half Marathon. The run was really an excuse to go see her, meet her family, and vacation. And by vacation, I mean eat at all the great places in Memphis!

It turned out to be a little experiment to see what would happen if I did the bare minimum training for  the race while continuing my Venus workouts. I did not want to:
  • run more than I had to
  • experience the hunger that comes with all that cardio
  • give up any of my normal 5 days a week of lifting
 

The plan

So my plan was to...

Continue reading here - http://www.venusindex.com/is-there-room-for-lifting-when-you-are-training-for-a-half-marathon/

No comments:

Post a Comment