Sunday, June 28, 2015

Full Body Cable Machine Workout and Eating on a Business Trip



So I spent the last 5 days in Austin, Texas, on a business trip along with my boss and 4 co-workers in a hotel and at a conference all day long.

Exibit A- I am teaching at the conference


I told you a few weeks ago I am starting prep for my next photo shoot, so it was imperative to me to a) nail my nutrition while I was away and b) get in my workouts.

When we got to the hotel, the gym consisted of a treadmill, an elliptical, and a nice cable machine. That was it.

I made due with it! Hey this a chance to be creative, right?

Full Body Cable Workout


Superset #1 (set one cable for the appropriate weight
A1 Standing Cable Hip Thrust 3 sets of 10 reps
A2 Seated Rows 3 sets of 10 reps

Superset #2
B1 Cable Deadlift 3 sets of 6 reps
B2 Chin Ups 3 sets of as many reps as possible

Superset #3
C1 Bent one legged cable kickbacks 3 sets of 20 reps
C2 Cable Lateral Raises 3 sets of 20 reps

Superset #4
D1 Standing Cable Hip Abduction 3 sets of 20 reps
D2 Front Raises 3 sets of 20 reps

Here is a snippet of the workout:




Nailing Nutrition on a Biz Trip


So, my saving grace on the nutrition front was that the hotel served breakfast so I was free to skip that to hit the gym and shower later. Happily, coffee flowed freely at the conference so I could have my fill all morning.

I packed a few Quest bars for snack.  Most of the time, I had a decent choice for lunch and dinner, making sure to choose some sort of veggies to fill up on and a lean protein.

Trying to pick through tough choices at the food trucks at lunch one day, I chose a pulled pork sandwich and a kale salad

Most of the time, if the option was available, I had some sort of salad with a lean protein (usually chicken) and dressing on the side for lunch. At dinner, I would choose a lean protein with a vegetable side. One night was sushi, another was scallops over a corn and okra relish. When you are at the mercy of other people's choices, don't make it a big deal and go with the flow ;) you can ALWAYS control how much you eat. 

X- Liss


No comments:

Post a Comment