Sunday, July 19, 2015

Greek Stuffed Crockpot Chicken

I have been writing a series of cookbook for Venus Index, and want to share a sneak peek of one of the recipes in a recently released cookbook!

I had some of our family over for dinner Friday night, and we had this. All four kids enjoyed this recipe, and I would consider a couple of those to be on the picky eater side. So is my brother-in-law ;) he seemed to like his since he cleaned his plate! So this is one I will make again. And I really like the macros.

If you are a Venus Immersion member, you can download the 10th Immersion edition cookbook- Feeding a Crowd HERE in your cockpit, scroll almost to the bottom.

If want Venus Immersion, order it HERE 

Disclaimer: I halved the recipe and left out the chicken stock since I was out.

Greek Stuffed Chicken Breasts in the Crockpot
Serves 12

Ingredients
4 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast (12 x 6oz. chicken breasts)
6 cups finely chopped spinach
4 roasted red peppers, chopped
1/2 cup sliced black olives
2 cups chopped artichoke hearts
8 oz. reduced fat feta
2 tbsp. oregano, chopped
2 tsp. garlic powder
3 cups chicken broth
Salt and pepper

Directions: In a bowl, mix together the spinach, artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, feta, oregano, and garlic. Season chicken breast with salt and pepper.

With a sharp knife, make a deep cut in the center of the chicken breasts to create a pocket. Be careful not to cut through the chicken.

Stuff the chicken breasts with the spinach mixture.

Add to the slow cooker. To get all the chicken to fit, you will likely need to place them on their sides with the spinach mixture facing up, basically stacking them sideways across the bottom of the slow cooker. This also prevents the stuffing from falling out.

Add the chicken broth.

Cook on low for 4 hours, checking to make sure the chicken is fully cooked through.

I chopped up my stuffing in the crockpot to be more a bit quicker



I had extra stuffing so I just smothered all of it ;)


I served the chicken with roasted veggies that my sister-in-law made and fresh bread



Nutritional stats per serving

(1 stuffed chicken breast)
209.8 calories
5.7g of fat
4.3g of carbs

34.1g of protein

No comments:

Post a Comment