Sunday, March 6, 2016

Band and Body Weight Workouts for Travel




Spring break is coming up and summer right after that! I am starting a band exercise video series on my YouTube channel so you can workout on the go! HERE is my YouTube channel

The great news is that you can modify almost any existing workout routine for body weight/band work.

So I am going to show you a workout in my upcoming workout called Hourglass Extreme and then modify it for band and body weight.

So why is this idea coming into my head right now? Well like I said, spring break is upon us... But I also have a little news of my own. We are moving to the beach!



The husband just accepted a position in Port Aransas, Texas which is a little town on a barrier island outside Corpus Christi, Texas in the Gulf of Mexico. We are ecstatic and nervous all at the same time. My kids and I are staying in town to finish out the school year to sell the house while my husband is going to live in our camper there. Once the house sells, we will be living with my in-laws and then moving into the camper until we find a house. So... my fabulous home gym will be going away for a while very soon. And there are no public gyms in this new town. I know, what the heck?! Maybe my new job needs to be training the people of the town and offering out my home gym time for membership LOL


So, my plan is the take my body and my bands with me for any situation. I also plan on having my Bowflex SelectTech dumbbells too, but I might not always have access to them, who knows?!

So let me walk you through how to modify any existing workout for band and body weight.

Below is a sample of my upcoming workout Hourglass Extreme which will be available for purchase very soon!


Regular Workout with Full Gym Access 
 Hourglass Extreme Week 5 Day 3

Exercise
Sets x Reps
Rest
4x8

4x15
60
PR--4x3


4x10

60
4x10

4x10

4x10
60
4x10

4x10


4x30s
60
4x10

4x10

4x10
60

















Modified Workout with only Bands and Bodyweight
(red exercises are changes, black stayed the same)

Exercise
Sets x Reps
Rest
4x8

4x15
60
4x15


4x15

60
4x15

4x10

4x5
60
4x10

Pull Through (use band instead of cable)
4x15


4x30s
60
Banded Bent Over Rear Delt Raise
4x15

4x10

Squat (bodyweight)
4x15
60























                                  

As you can see, with bands you need to increase the reps generally and there is usually an easy substitution. Of course, bands are not useful for pushing through personal records. So that is off the table, but the idea is that you will be using bands and body weight forever! They are amazing for getting a great pump and hypertrophy. And most certainly better than doing nothing!






No comments:

Post a Comment